![]()
Sharman Hunter Wilson shared a link.
Nov 18, 2015 2:41pm |
Mormonism at its best: The sacrament of helping other people move - Flunking Sainthood
janariess.religionnews.com
One
of a hundred reasons why Mormons who feel bad about certain policies
don't "just leave." My family's move from Illinois to Colorado 28 years
ago is another good example. I got very sick with food poisoning a few
days before we were to leave, and I ended up sick and weak in bed on
moving day, watching members of our DeKalb Ward--men, women, and young
people--packing and loading up stuff for our
young family of six. We had called the Bishop of the ward in the
Boulder area where we hoped to live (we hadn't found a place after two
reconnaissance trips out). We pulled into the chapel parking lot with
our U-haul and Ram van, and church guys we had never seen before showed
up to help us unload most of our stuff into a storage unit. When we
finally got into a house, they were there again, helping us move stuff
from storage into our house. My husband, kids, and I have been on the
giving end, too--scores of times. It's a goodbye/hello ritual that I
cherish!
|
|
Monday, March 21, 2016
Mormon stuff:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment